Home Quick Links
Town Utility Services
Rates and Fees
Golf Cart Permit
Public Meeting Notices
Recreation and Parks
Historic Strand Theater
Other Utility Providers
History of Jena
LaSalle Parish Contacts
|The town of Jena has a beautiful 30 acre town park located along the historical Hemps Creek. |
“Vision Trail” in Jena moves a community toward physical fitness
Vision Trail Map (pdf file download)
The park includes:
The Senior Citizen Center is located at 1850 N Second St., Suite B and houses various activities for the senior adults such as:
- The Play Park for children 12 and under - 204 Edwards Drive.
- 4 Tennis Courts - 1307 Terral Street.
- Walking Trails - 1303 Sycamore St.
- Skating Rink - 222 Edwards Drive.
- The Amphitheater - 120 Edwards Drive.
- 5 Ball Fields:
For more information concerning events and times call 318-992-4247.
- Monday-Friday, 7:00-10:00 early morning group meets for coffee and fellowship.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 5:00-until Domino group
- Thursday 12:30-5:00 Ladies Rook game
- Friday night 6:00-10:00 Band plays music
The Lasalle Country Club, located in Jena has a lovely golf course and swimming pool available.
The Catahoula National Wildlife Refuge is a 5308 acre refuge that borders 9 miles of the Catahoula Lake. The refuge
provides feeding and nesting habitat to wintering waterfowl and supports an abundance of native wildlife.
Fishing and hunting are allowed in the refuge. There is a 9 mile scenic drive in the refuge with an overlook tower.
Catahoula Lake is approximately 14 miles long and 3 miles wide. Because of its size, topography, drastic seasonal
water fluctuations and plant zones, Catahoula Lake is unique among all lakes in Louisiana and the United States.
It provides a wintering area for waterfowl and grazing for cattle and hogs. Duck hunting on the lake is excellent.
Water sports and commercial fishing are allowed on Catahoula Lake.
Tour our Town
Our Rural Setting